Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Theater night: without Mom :-(
My mom was in the hospital for 12 days. She's home now and doing pretty well but it was a little scary there for awhile. As the days wore on it became clear that, among other things of course, she was not going to be able to make our next scheduled show. Very depressing for both of us because we really look forward to this mother/daughter time together. I considered just skipping it but my mom encouraged me to not waste the tix and go. As it turned out, Bobby went with me and the show, Memphis, was very well done. The story was entertaining, the singing awesome and lots of funny parts. It was bittersweet fun though because without my mom it seemed very odd. The whole experience provided very uncomfortable insight into what life will be like someday when my mom is no longer around. Sigh.

We have another show coming up soon and she's already made it clear that she'll be going!!! Thank goodness for that!!
Photobucket
As an aside....how funny is it that Bobby and I hit the exact same pose for this photo? I guess that's what happens after you've been married 26 years :-)

No comments: