Monday, April 02, 2012

Mamma Mia!
"here I go again. My my, how can I resist you?"

Sunday night our Pantages series continued with Mamma Mia. This was another new one to us. I knew the story but I've never seen the Meryl Streep movie. It never interested me much and I had only moderate hopes for the show. I was pleasantly surprised by how funny it was and the music was great! I'd forgotten how much fun ABBA music was and it was nice being able to sing along with so many of the songs "Knowing Me, Knowing You", "Dancing Queen", and "Take A Chance On Me". One thing that really shocked me was how many children there were in the audience. Tons of 6-12 yr olds and even quite a few toddlers. Many more than an average show. More along the lines of what we saw for Beauty and the Beast. While not incredibly inappropriate the whole premise of the show is fairly adult sex, drugs, partying. Not a show I would be taking my 6-12 yr old to but different strokes I guess...

After the show they had a fundraiser where for her nominal sum you could get your pic taken with two of the actors. Of course I was all over that! This is Bill (one of the dads) and Rosie (one of Donna's best friends). Don't you love the costumes??? You can't see them in the pix of course but they were also sporting shiny silver platform boots!!!

Another Pantages winner!

No comments: