Monday, February 28, 2011

I wanna ROCK!!!!
Tonight we saw Rock of Ages! I'd been looking forward to this show for awhile. I was a fan of hair bands back in the 80s. Yes, I'll admit it, I've not only seen Quiet Riot in concert but if I looked hard enough I could probably find a picture of my 18 yr old self wearing a black off the shoulder mini dress with fishnet stockings and super high heels!!! What can I say, I was young, cute, and into heavy metal. It was fun!

I was a bit nervous that the traffic might be bad driving in due to the Oscars going on at the Kodak but was happy to be proven wrong. My mom and I had dinner before the show at Katsuya. I'd always wanted to go there cuz I've seen it so many times on TV. Its one of those places that celebrities are always shown coming out of on the trashy tv shows I watch like TMZ, Access Hollywood and online sites like OMG.com. I know, I'm a complete and utter dork!

Anyway, no danger of running into a celebrity on a sunday... at 4:30... on the night of the oscars. Not that I really care too much at this point in my life ;-) But whatever, it was still fun and the food was really, really good.

After a yummy meal we were off to the show. I was initially a bit disappointed to see that the lead was going to be played by the understudy. Apparantly, Constantine Maroulis --formerly of American Idol although I hardly remember him from that --who normally plays the part was sick. But, it turned out to be no big deal at all. The actor was fantastic and had a very good voice. As far as the show goes, I LOVED it!!! The music was so fun and the story was campy and silly. The costumes were a riot... and a little racey. In my book, the show was an absolute 10!!

Awesome, super fun night with mom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So jealous! I love **** rock!