Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lucky Mommys Easter Party
The Lucky Mommys is a group of local china adoption families. They meet for all kinds of fun activities. Unfortunately, G and I are often not able to join them due to my work schedule. Stupid work, always getting in the way of my fun ;-)

One of the moms, Tanya, was kind enough to host an Easter party a few days ago and luckily G and I were able to join in the fun. G was super excited about getting to go to a party as well as having another chance to hunt eggs! It was a great party, lots of fun, food and good company. G was velcroed to me for the first hour and half or so but came alive once lunch came out. The way to my girl's heart is definitely through her stomach!!! After that they kids were able to hunt plastic eggs in the yard. G collected quite a few but, in keeping with her personality, is often quite particular about the egg she is willing to accept into her basket. Goofy girl.

G was happy to eat her favorite foods hot dogs, mac and cheese and grapes!
Waiting for the hunt to beginG and Ryan hit paydirt by the swingset!
This is where G found herself in a quandry. She wanted the egg but didn't want to have to step in the dirt to get it. What to do? what to do?
She finally decided the egg was worth it and placed her precious little princess foot into the dirt. Soooo funny!Showing off her peanut shaped egg. When she realized it was different, she became quite bothered and told me "don't want it!!!" Like I said, she's very discriminating.
All the kids lined up enjoying their treats. What's amazing about this picture is that it is the very first time that G has sat with the group of kids for a pic. Usually she just runs over to me whining. From left to right Georgie, Ryan, Grace, Becky, Katie, Megan, Kailee, and Mia.G and Mia are great friends! They go to the same babysitter. They sat on this swing and told secrets to each other for awhile.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hey, I found your blog! I found it via RQ!! :) Great pictures!