Thursday, January 07, 2010

OMG!!! She's 2!!
I can't believe it. My sweet baby is two. I'm thrilled to see her advancing. I'm sad to see her getting older. Can't she just stay little forever??? Ok, enough about me.

We started out the morning much like always. When I went in her room I told her happy birthday and she popped right up and said "Birthday girl!" cutest ever!!! After I got her dressed we stopped by the grocery store so she could choose cookies to share with her friends at daycare. G picked the m&m ones!! Then she picked a special cookie for herself, it was bee shaped and yellow frosted. She was so thrilled to carry her little cookie up to the cashier. She carried the cookie like a prize and had a huge smile on her face!!!

We're having a little party for her next week --its MLK weekend so B and C can be around for it-- but since her actual birthday is today we thought we'd just go to dinner. Since G's favorite foods of all time are pizza and spaghetti, it needed to be italian. We went to Buca de Beppo. Its a chain here in so cal heavily decorated with all sorts of kitschy wall decor. G was fasicinated by all the stuff and kept asking "what's that?" over and over again. After dinner they had her stand on a chair and announced her birthday to the whole restaraunt. They brought her the biggest cupcake I've ever seen with a birthday candle which she quickly blew out.

Such a little cutie!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Georgie loves, loves, loves spaghetti!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Aimee said...

When our Caiya turned 2 in November it was bittersweet; having her for only 6 months I felt a little bitter and sad that we had missed so much of her young life, but so fille with joy that she is thriving and growing and learning and LOVING! It's amazing to me to look back at pictures of us in China and the first few weeks home and to see the growth evidenced by her hair... haven't gone for the first haircut yet! Happy Birthday!!!