Friday, November 11, 2005

Control issues....
OK, for those of you who know me, I tend to prefer the things in life I can control. I really don't think I'm a "controlling" person by nature, but, at least if it's my responsibility I know that if I do it, it's done. Which brings me again to our social worker. When I contracted with this homestudy agency one of my main concerns was timeline. The agency supervisor told me that we should be able to complete this process quickly and I have a feeling that if it were truly up to her we would be done by now. But it's not. As I think is common, they contract your job out to a social worker who they've probably never met in person. So, there you go.

At the outset I was told 7-10 days for a rough draft. I patiently waited until day 10 then called the SW and left a msg asking when it could be expected. She called back leaving a msg that it would be emailed the following day. At 5pm the following day, she emails to say it's not done but it should be the next day, or maybe the day after that. We're now on day 12 and no homestudy yet. Thing is, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that when the rough draft gets here it's going to be a mess. She just strikes me that way. I'm trying to be patient but it's wearing thin.

On the positive side, I was fingerprinted for USCIS on Wed and Bobby just yesterday so at least that's done. On the internet groups I've been reading it can be as soon as 3-4 weeks after they receive the homestudy and prints for the I171, the last document needed for the dossier so we are definitely moving in the right direction. Goal: DTC before 1/1/06. Fingers are crossed.

No comments: