Tuesday, November 08, 2005

OK, so today I'm feeling kinda low. I've been reading the Yahoo boards and it seems as though the referral process has really slowed down. From what I've seen there are several reasons for this. Apparantly, the director of the CCAA (the organization in China that does the adoptions) has been out of the office for awhile visiting orphanages, or something. He was supposed to be back in today and rumor is, may have started signing off on some of the referrals. If this is true, we should start seeing them in the next week or so. I've also heard that the number of applications is way up. I'm not sure about this one although it may be true.

I know that it is not yet my turn to get my referral, heck, we haven't even completed the paperchase, but there's just something about seeing those referrals that kinda keeps me going. It makes it feel "real" and "possible" that this will actually happen to us some day! I get tears in my eyes when I read those words on the screen "The ____ Family is thrilled to announce the referral of their daughter" and I so want to type those words myself. I know it will happen, I'm just being impatient.

I had to run out to Target to get something for Brett this evening and saw the cutest little outfit. Up til this point, I hadn't purchased any clothes for our girl. I've looked plenty, to which Bobby and the boys can attest, but no buying. There are several reasons for this, like HELLO!! we don't know what size she's gonna be!!! But this was just the most adorable outfit of all time. Its a pink (big surprise) little sweat suit with a patterned onesie that goes under it and it has the most adorable little Pooh on it. OK, I got the hat too. I got 9 mos, which should be fine as most of the girls adopted are small by US standards. I just couldn't resist. Don't worry, I won't get anymore... just this one.

Just for fun, I continue to kick around names:
~Clementine
~Adeline
~Adelaide
~Charlotte
~Chatelaine
~Aubrey
~Arabella
~Persephone
~Cambria
I'll list more as I think of them

Well, hopefully I have some good news this week, the homestudy is supposed to have a rough draft on Wed which would be definite progress. You can see from the time of this entry that I'm up in the middle of the night, ruminating on this process and lamenting my lack of control. I have a feeling that my hope to have our little girl at home by next Christmas may not happen but I still have my fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

BnB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.