Thursday, April 26, 2012

American Idiot
I love Green Day. Just to be clear when I say I "love Green Day" I mean that I really, REALLY love their music! So when I heard that there was going to be a musical using their songs I was super excited. I was finally able to score some pretty decent tix--ended up having to go midweek in order to do so--and invited Brett hoping for a little mom/son time.

Brett ended up finding us a persian place in Glendale, Raffi's, for a pre-show dinner. I'd never eaten persian food before but WOW it was great! We had cherry rice which, as its name would lead one to believe, was rice with cherries in it. When it arrived at the table I was a bit surprised by how pink it was. Let me just say, G would LOVE to eat rice that was pink :-)  We paired it with some super tasty shish kebob and rose water ice cream! I'd never even heard of rose water ice cream before. Amazingly, it tasted exactly how a rose smells. Fascinating.

With lots of yummy food in our tummies, we headed off to the Ahmanson. It had been years since I'd been to the music center. Our seats turned out to be great, first row of the mezzanine. The show was not what I was expecting. It was a true rock opera, very edgy. I really liked it and enjoyed the music but Brett didn't really. Bummer. Sigh.




No comments: