Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Wicked" Good Time
Theatre season is off and running! This time it was Wicked at the Pantages. I saw Wicked about 10 yrs ago. Truthfully I was kind of "eh" about it at the time. I thought it was ok but couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about. So when it came up on our series I was actually really looking forward to seeing it again. I wondered if perhaps I just hadn't been in the right mood last time or something. I was interested in giving it another try.

We had a very nice pre-show dinner at Delphines in the W Hotel. I'd been wanting to try it for awhile mostly because it is right across the street from the theater. Doesn't get much more convenient than that! They were having Dine LA week so we gave the prix fixe menu a try. Wow! what a great surprise. The food was really good and the restaurant was kinda W Hotel trendy.

After a 1 minute walk across the street we found our seats and got ready for the show. OK, I'm just going to say it.... I don't know what the heck was going on with me 10 yrs ago but the show was AWESOME!!!! Seriously AWESOME!!!! The set, the music, everything. It was fantastic. I don't think I could clap my hands together any harder. Silly me.

No comments: