Monday, August 08, 2011

Home improvements: Part 2
So, the new front door went in a few weeks ago and I still think it looks great! This is big on its own as I often suffer from buyer's regret. Later, as I started looking at it, even though I liked the door it started to really, really bugged me. Our house is totally blah builder tan and the overall effect is so mid-tone that the door looked like a dark tunnel. Ugh. The solution? Let's paint the house!

They started this past Saturday and finished up late today. I did have a slight anxiety attack over the weekend after they painted the eaves. It was SO dark. Then I didn't know about the other colors. But, it all worked out in the end. It looks crisp and clean and a bit different than it did before. I'm sort of disappointed that I didn't go for something a little more daring but maybe house paint is not the place to be daring...

Here's the before:
Some samples go up!

The finished product. The triangle shaped siding at the top of the peaks are actually painted quite a bit darker than the rest of the house --maybe half as dark as the trim-- but the lighting in this picture doesn't show that at all. Anyway, I think we accomplished the goal. Its not so builder blah now and the dark wood door is not the only dark part of the house. Yeah!

No comments: