Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Going on the big boat!!! We started out the day by sleeping in a bit then packing up the room. This took a bit longer than planned. Normally, not a big deal but we’ve been basically running G ragged since we left. Trying to find breakfast nearby proved to be challenging but we were finally able to locate a table near the ferry selling fruit. The girls selling the fruit were nice enough to give us a banana for G. By that time it was about 11:30 and the restaurants opened up for lunch, yeah!!! We had our second completely tasty meal at the hotel burger place then it was time to catch a cab to the pier. Check in was quick and easy--much quicker and easier than our previous experience with Carnival. Our room is, of course, small but we got the balcony which will make the next 10 days much more enjoyable. We walked the ship and found that they have some very interesting art. Some of it seems kind of random. The ship itself is very nice with soft colors. It’s a huge difference from the Vegas style decorating of the Carnival ship. (It’s impossible not to constantly compare the two experiences) Finally it was time for dinner. We were so tired from the day that we almost decided to opt for the buffet rather than do the main dining room. But, Bobby reminded me how much we both really enjoy it and off we went! Dinner was good. I wasn’t all that hungry so just had a small appetizer and some lobster bisque ---yum! one of my favs! I did manage two small desserts though :-) G went with the always classic spaghetti and a shrimp cocktail and Bobby went full board with Coq Au Vin which he said was totally tasty. They had a show but it was a late one so we skipped it and got G to bed relatively early instead. After that we hung out on the balcony watching and listening to the surf –something I never get tired of --then it was off to bed. Right after we got on the ship. G went straight to the veranda to check it out. Isn't she beautiful?? The 178 square feet that would be our home for the next 10 days With Daddy overlooking San Juan. The ship wouldn't leave until 8pm that night
With Mommy. We have these same pix for our last trip also. I think we've started a tradition!
This is one of sculptures on the ship. Cute, right? But random.
Big day planned in Tortola tomorrow!

No comments: