Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bon Voyage!!
After a fantastically fun but super hot, sweaty and exhausting week at WDW, we packed up and drove about an hour and a half to Tampa to board our ship!! Quick stop at the Tampa mall's Brighton store to pick up a new pair of sunglasses to replace the ones I dumped off my head at Epcot. As luck would have it, they had exactly one pair of that exact style left in stock!! Yeah!! Picked up a second pair cuz I couldn't pass them up :-)

Anyway, we got on the ship --the absolutely gorgeous Carnival Legend-- and went to our respective cabins. Ours was number 6244. I was super excited that we had a balcony! We explored the ship a bit. I wish I'd taken some more pix of the ship itself. All the decorations were really over the top and Vegas-ey.

Bobby and G on the balcony as we're pulling away from the port in Tampa

Mommy's turn!
This is in a corridor that runs down the sides of the forward part of the ship called the Enchanted Forest. G really liked it cuz it looked like trees. We ate dinner in the dining room each evening of the cruise. It was a great way to come together each night. The service and food were wonderful!!

The first full day of the cruise was a day at sea. We wandered around the ship, took part in a bean bag toss contest (I came in third) and just sort of relaxed. For dinner it was elegant night. Everyone knows that my family hates to dress up but we did a pretty good job of it. I'm not sure if we have any pix or not but I can tell you that the lobster was WONDERFUL!! After that, Bobby and I took G back to the room so she could get some sleep in preparation for our first port Grand Cayman.

No comments: