Monday, June 22, 2009

Holiday (x2)!!!
June 21st, 2009 was a very big day in our house! Not only was it Father's Day but it was also our 23rd wedding anniversary! That's right, 23 yrs ago yesterday, two very young and fairly immature people got married and began a life together. We married on the third saturday in June on Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year. There was a full moon of course, which I actually have a photo of and is fondly referred to as "The Honeymoon" :-)


My plan for Father's Day was in part to get daddy and daughter pix taken. I had big plans for this. I made the appointment about 3 weeks earlier, had chosen a super cute summer dress for Georgie, purchased a coordinating shirt for Bobby and gathered my very best Picture People coupons. To ensure success, we got up and out early, came back in time for G to have lunch and a nap right at noon. Like clockwork, G woke up at 2:15, in perfect time to get to the photo place at 3:00! I dressed her and combed her hair and she was just so cute! She must have remembered from last time because she started saying "happy!!!, happy!!!, happy!!" over and over again.


I thought, "this is going to be great!!!"

We went in the back, the photo guy had them sit on the floor and G's whole mood changed. Photo guy suggested having G lay on her tummy and Bobby tried to get her to do it and that was it... FREAK OUT!!!!

Let's just get this straight. Since we met Georgie, a little over 6 mos ago, she has almost always preferred Bobby over me. He's more fun I guess. She definitely prefers me over other people but, given a choice, its Daddy all the way. But on father's day, when mommy wants to get pix to memorialize that beautiful relationship, she began sobbing and ran to me to be picked up. Any efforts to extract the sweaty little velcro baby were met with blood curdling screams. Ugh. All I could think was "seriously??" We tried everything. We switched photographers, we changed photo areas to one that was in the front, we let her play with toys for awhile, we brought out her stuffed monkey, we tried to giving her cookies. No go, no way, she was having none of it.


After a while I admitted defeat. We viewed the few photos they took, picked the least bad (see below) for our free one and off we went. After that Georgie was as happy as could be!!!



Little kids are so confusing sometimes :-)



2 comments:

Peanut Shell said...

It's cute! Not bad at all. Love her hair.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Ahhhhh.........what a cutie....and I think the picture turned out quite nicely.

Blessings to all!
Spencer