Saturday, December 10, 2005

Week from hell... almost.
Alright, here we go... Monday I had gone to lunch with my coworkers and when we came out to get back in the car found that someone had broken out my driver's side car window and stolen my purse!! OK, I know you're not supposed to leave valuables (or in this case, the appearance of valuables) in clear view but, I forgot, I was in a hurry. Damn!

Anyway, the interesting thing about it is that looking through the broken glass my very first thought was "OH MY GOD!! I am so glad they didn't take my adoption folder." You see it was sitting right there next to my purse and it wouldn't necessarily have had anything of value to another person in it but they definitely may have just grabbed it hoping for the best. Its kind of a little pink suede thing I carry all my papers around with me in. I don't always have it with me but Monday was to be a very big day for me. Bobby had taken some of his papers to the bank for notary and I was going to pick up the long awaited medical form from the doc and go to the bank later to have the notaries finished up. So it was with me. If they would have grabbed it, you know what would have happened, they would have seen nothing of value and dumped it into a dumpster. My 3 mos of work would require repeat. Not to mention the cost of having to reorder birth certificates, passports, etc. But the great thing is, they didn't take it.

Although it was a rough couple of days ie. paying to have the window replaced, two days on the phone to cancel credit cards, update online banking, auto debits, deposits, etc. It was really fine. Because in the long run my life, my real life, was not affected at all. So that's why it was "almost" the week from hell. As it turned out, even with my broken window, I drove over to the doc's office to get the form and went to the bank to have everything notarized. In fact while I was there I was able to change my account, etc. So in a way it was, uh, convenient... OK, I'm just kidding here. Truth is, it still sucked, but it did bring into perspective the reality that life is not always perfect, things get in my way and it doesn't always go as planned. People I love get sick, kids are not always "perfect", life is not always kind. But in the end, I must take it as it comes, do the best I can with what I have, and keep going forward. The only thing I can truly control is my perception of events/things/people I encounter.


I think I'll go hug my kid.....

No comments: