Sunday, December 02, 2012

Huntington Library: Santa Days
We hadn't been able to use our Huntington Library membership for awhile. When I saw they were having a special Santa thing just for members I thought, heck yeah! I almost backed out the morning of because it was pouring down rain. But, I'd already told G we were going to play hookie so I figured we'd give it a go. Plus it gave G a chance to wear her much beloved rain boots.

First stop: tea! I love to go to tea. I don't go as often as I'd like. G likes it too. Its wonderful that G is getting to an age where we can do these types of things, just the two of us, and enjoy a nice conversation. She's quite the little talker. We discussed her friends at school, her current fav movie Sofia The First, and other things she enjoys. And of course we had tea (which for G is actually pink lemonade) and lunch. The tea house at Huntington in that it is a full on lunch buffet. They have these delicious little salmon, cream cheese and cucumber creations that are to. die. for! G went for egg salad and did a bit of damage on the sweets. Yum.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
After that we were off to the Santa activities. I truly love G's pairing of the holiday skirt with her purple boots... adorable!
Photobucket
Bob Baker's Marionettes were there doing a show. The operation of the puppets was quite complex. They were at the same time fascinating and creepy :-)
Photobucket

Photobucket G loved them!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Even after a big lunch G still had room for a Christmas cookie.
Photobucket
G decided that she had a question for Santa... which reindeer is his favorite? G and Santa had quite a serious conversation about it. I haven't the slightest idea what was being said but G seemed to be listening very carefully.
Photobucket
He then leaned over and whispered something in her ear. Unfortunately, I have no idea what he said because when I asked G about it later she said she didn't remember.
Photobucket
I'm not really going for a record or anything but I'm pretty sure this represented G's 6th visit with Santa this year :-)
Photobucket
By that point the rain had finally stopped and G immediately switched out her shoes for something she found more fashionable.
Photobucket
A perfect 10 Mommy-Daughter day :-)
Photobucket

No comments: