Monday, August 29, 2011

Disney Days continue:
Its all about the Princesses!
G and I had another mommy/daughter Disney day. G's been wanting to go to the Princess Fantasy Faire (PFF) area for awhile. We were there once, some time ago, just to see the princesses when it wasn't crowded but we didn't stay for the little show The Royal Coronation. So, that was our goal of the day... to see what the PFF had to offer. As usual, we arrived early and made our way to the princess line about 8:35 or so placing us about 4th in line! The princesses were due to arrive at 9am. By the time they opened the line was a few hundred people long. I asked the Disney employee how long it would take for all those people to be seen... she sized it up and said "90 mins"!!! Ugh. I was so glad we got in line when we did!

Afterward we hung out for a bit. G had some lunch and had her face painted. This was kind of a big deal for G cuz she asks regularly but I think its such a waste of money I usually say no. Then finally the Royal Coronation began! The princesses do a little show and the kids are encouraged to join in and dance with them. Not surprisingly, G was tentative and didn't want to join in. She enjoyed watching though. After the coronation the princesses came out and did a little meet and greet with the kids. Its hard to believe that just 50 feet away people are standing in line over an hour to meet the princesses and yet, here they were, meeting and taking pix with at most 2 dozen kids.

Finally, story time with Cinderella began. Super cute! Cindy came out with a costumed page and told and acted out her story. Adorable!! G loved it! After all that it was pretty late. Its hard to believe we spent almost 4 hrs in the PFF area doing princessy stuff.

G asked me if we could do a character lunch... I wasn't sure if we'd be able to get a ressie last minute but I called the disney dining line and they were able to get us in for lunch! G was thrilled. She loves character meals.

This pic was taken first thing in the morning. G said she wanted a picture in front of "her" castle :-)
Georgie loves this area of the park... its near Snow White's well.
During our wait for the princesses, G entertained herself (and many others) by dancing and twirling around with her wand. Its funny that she likes doing this and is not intimidated at all but if someone speaks to her EEEKK!!! run!!!
OK, now here's a funny one: Belle remembered Georgie. We've met her before, twice I think but she remembered her. She said "Oh Princess, its so nice to see you again!" At first I thought she was just saying that but then she added to it "But last time I saw you at the Grotto and you were with your little friends" OMG!!! She did remember us. We'd seen her a few weeks before at Ariel's Grotto for lunch and we were with another China IA family that time!! I always tell people that our family is recognizable and about how much attention we often get and this is just more proof of that. Odd really because I see families similar to ours just about every time we go to Disney. Anyway, G liked that she remembered her. She's a very sweet and pretty Belle.

Ariel is still G's favorite!

And finally Tiana

G munching down on her uncrustable. About 5 secs after this pic a big glob of jelly plopped onto her dress! Oh shoot! G was kind of upset and kept saying "Sorry mommy" over and over. She was better after I assured her it was fine. But I felt bad for her. I think she thought she's ruined her dress which she loves. Luckily, it came right out.

My pretty girl (hearts!!!)

Showing Aurora her curtsey! She's pretty good at it, she does them in her ballet class all the time.



Georgie loves for us to have our pix taken together Cindy and her page acting out the story. Its about 10 mins long and super cute. I have a feeling most people don't know its available. There was hardly anyone there.


The thing I like about going to Disney with G is that we can just move at her pace. We took a few minutes to check out some of the shops on Main Street after I had her silhouette done. G came across these music boxes and just plopped down on the floor to investigate them. She must have spent about 10 mins until she finally said "mamabird, I want to go to the character lunch now"

With Dug from the movie Up. I love that movie but it makes me cry.

I so don't get the Duffy thing but G likes him...


I'm pretty sure its the same Ariel we saw earlier at PFF but I'm not positive. I don't think they usually go back and forth between the parks.

They seated us outside which I thought might be a bummer. But as it turned out, it was so nice. Much quieter and so pleasant in the shade. Its hard to find a calm place at Disney.

This is definitely a different Belle. G doesn't ever seem to notice.

The two Cinderellas!

Georgie's never seen the Mulan movie. She likes her because she's seen her in the parks. I really need to rent it or something.

Georgie always has to ride the carousel

G was one very tired little princess at the end of the day


No comments: