Thursday, June 12, 2008


I SEE A LITTLE LIGHT!!

So, the rumor of referrals going through the 22nd didn't turn out to be true, or maybe it did?? No one's completely sure and most people, including me, have decided it doesn't really matter much in the scheme of things. The 21st and 22nd of Jan 2006 were weekend days. RQ's poll shows only a few people lid on those days and its likely that those were accidental votes. So far, no one in either my yahoo groups or RQ has come forward to say that they had a 1/21 or 1/22 lid and did or did not get a referral. So I guess its a moot point. People have questioned why ccaa doesn't just go ahead and state referrals went through the empty days. For that there is no answer other then, ccaa doesn't do it that way. They give you the empty days at the beginning of the next month.


OK, now we've cleared that up. This is where things are starting to get exciting!!! We now have only 24 calendar days ahead of us, read it again, 24!!!! Nine of those are cny days = no lids on those days. CCAA was closed 1/28-2/5/2006 for cny so no one is lid on those days. Again, a smattering of votes on RQ's polls, probably done in error (or possibly stupidity). The next referrals willl likely go through 1/27/06, with the next batch covering all the cny days plus a few days maybe up to 2/9??? If so, the next batch would include US!!! Read it again, WE COULD BE GETTING A REFERRAL IN SEPTEMBER!!! We would be home with our new child by Christmas!!!


I cannot even believe it.... after almost 28 mos of being lid and almost 3 yrs after starting this process, we may be only 3-4 mos away from referral. Its almost hard to accept that it could be true. Everyone who has been waiting so long is almost afraid to allow themselves to believe that it may actually happen!!! I've actually allowed myself to hope and believe again. Many months ago, I told just about everyone in my real life that the adoption "just didn't work out" it was so much easier and less painful than having to explain the process over and over and over and over and over again. But, this last weekend, I told one of my neighbors, it just sort of slipped out.


So, there are still things that can go wrong but, for now, there is a glimmer of hope. Its a nice feeling!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am soooo excited for you

4D said...

I hope that the light get brighter and brighter.

Keep smilin!

Alyson and Ford said...

I'm glad you found your piece of the Hope rock... It's a good feeling knowing that we truly are getting closer to our little ones... Finally.

I always admitted it has been tough. It's just that all of us were tougher! Home by Christmas. That has such a great sound to it!!! And it's going to happen for you.

Keep chipping away on that Hope rock. Life is good.
peace
fm

meiconnor said...

Hi, I'm hopping over from RQ - I just wanted to say I hope we get to meet you and your husband in China. I know it will happen in September - We are on the cusp with 2/15, but I'm still wishing...
Also, I wanted to find out if you decided on getting the Ragdolls. If you have any questions, please let me know, because again, all pets are special, but, I guess I do have a particular fondess for them. Anyway, cheers, and here's hoping we receive our baby/child in Sept. and home before another Christmas passes. All the best, Mei Ling