Thursday, August 02, 2007

Quilt shop field trip!!!
I've got the 100 Good Wishes Quilt (OHGWQ) Frenzy!!! I think its just a super neat and fun idea. I'm crafty by nature but had never done any sewing. My quest to make a OHGWQ caused me to buy a sewing maching and take quilting classes. I've found a new hobby I really enjoy (as if I need a new hobby!!).

I joined the OHGWQ group on yahoo and have swapped with my LID/DTC group mates. But, really, the wishes that will be the most special to me and Baby Girl will be those that come from friends and family. Thing is, most of my friends and family just don't get it at all! Particularly my work friends who said that they'd like to participate but didn't know where to start.

In order to make it easier, I planned an afternoon field trip to the local quilt shop so they could pick out their fabrics. Then I brought in some craft supplies so they could all create their wishes. And, of course, it included FOOD!! It was great!!! Everyone picked their fabrics and made a wish. They all turned out really nice and each one suits the maker's personality to a T!

Thank you so much to Johann, Charlene, Dawn, Maria, and Jen for participating. It really means a lot to me!

No comments: