Wednesday, June 13, 2007

16 mos.
I'm not sure what to think today, the day that marks 16 long mos since our LID. Who would have or could have ever imagined that at this point in time we would be in the middle of our wait?? It seems to almost defy belief. Amazingly, the families who will get their referrals next were only logged in 3 mos after us but we will likely not recieve a referral until 10 mos after them!
In a way, it feels good to have so many months marked off and only 98 more LIDs before ours to be referred. But, on the other hand, its hard to believe that we originally started this process in September 2005. That seems like so long ago. When we filed our application with the agency, Breatt was only 15 and Casey was 13 and, more importantly, I was only 39! Ok, that does feel like a long time ago.
The homestudy sw is coming over on sunday to do the update, she should be here about 15 mins or less. Let's see if she manages to piss me off in that limited amount of time. Last time it only took a few mins, she might be able to break her record this time. I'm not looking forward to doing all the crap it takes to renew and I'm not looking forward to spending another $1500 for the pleasure. But, what can you do.
Speaking of money, it appears that airline tix prices are going through the roof. Probably a combination of summer, general fuel prices, and just overall increase in prices in China. I can only imagine how expensive things will be if we travel just before the Olympics, which is what I expect. More fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 16!

walternatives said...

I've been worried about that, too, thinking that we may get caught in the pre-Olympic press race, affecting airline tickets, etc. I'm still going to hope (unrealistically, perhaps) that we'll be in the PRC in March at the latest.

Unknown said...

Happy 16...Someone sent an email today from an agency talking about airlines giving discounts to international adopting families..Gotta find out where that came from

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Happy 16th - if it is happy to wait this long. We are about 15.5... wahhh... oh well... our turn will come. I too DO NOT want to be in China during the Olympics... just my luck. I lived near Sydney, Australia when the Olympics where there... that was enough people for me - imagine in China... oh no... take care... Felicity